Tuesday 9 March 2010

Notsoutterlysoftlowvoice.


I love the majid we have here at university. It is SO pretty! The girls in the masjid are really nice too. It is actually fun hanging out in the masjid at times - it's a good break from the fashion parade going on outside.

Making it in time for prayer is one of the best feelings EVER. It feels good standing next to fellow Muslims during the congregational prayer, except when they do weird and annoying things. Today, during 'Asr, the lady next to me was doing one of the things I find most annoying - whispering out loud. Like really loud. I know we're supposed to recite quietly, but that means that we should be able to hear ourselves. The person next to us should not be disturbed. I lost count of the number of "Subhanarrabi al atheem"'s I had said. It was bearable in the first rakat, but it became really frustrating towards the end. I find it hard to focus whilst praying anyone, and then having someone else read out their prayer (almost) out loud, at a totally different speed, made things even worse. I really do wish people were more considerate and caring towards those around them. I can understand why that lady was praying out loud - it was helping her concentrate - but did she even think about how my prayer was being ruined?

Gah, anyway, I hope Allah accepts all our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment